Hit the Cheersquad Records & Tapes online store!
Melbourne singer/songwriter Cahill Kelly’s debut album ‘Classical and Cool Jazz’. An album that features a slew of local performers including Grace Cummings, Harmony Byrne and long-term collaborator Lain Pocock, ‘Classical and Cool Jazz‘ sees the self-taught, multi-instrumentalist lean into a sea of ‘70s inspired influences, spanning Lennon’s renowned Plastic Ono Band through to various Bob Dylan cuts. These reference points see Kelly take psychedelic detours before landing back to a place where a simple folk song possesses remarkable depth, warmth and sonic abundance.
Originally from far North Queensland, a young Kelly grew up on a diet of Crowded House and Tom Petty. Later, he channelled his heroes in his first musical projects, The Broken Needles and Willow Darling. With the latter seeing him assume the role of a natural frontman, Kelly developed a knack for writing songs about everyday life with sparkling detail and depth, delivered with casual grace.
‘Classical and Cool Jazz’ is available for pre-order from Wednesday 9 June 2021 on translucent, tinted aqua vinyl, black vinyl and digitally on our Bandcamp page. It will ship within 7 days from the release date on Wednesday 21 July. All vinyl comes with a digital download code.
Check out a Cheersquad band at a joint near you!
PLAY OUR LATEST RELEASES
- 01 Coming to Me Cheeky Geezers
- 02 World upon a Shelf Cahill Kelly
- 03 No Perfect Man Nick Batterham
- 04 Living in a Child’s Dream Even
- 05 Chris Wilson - Who Do You Love Chris Wilson
- 06 Then There's Sirens Gersey
- 07 Cromagnonman Snout
- 08 Panache Vacations
- 09 You're So Rad Minibikes
- 10 Soldier Field Immigrant Union
- 11 Big Wheel The Level Spirits
- 12 Die 501 Sandpit
- 13 The Meanies - Our New Planet
- 14 Rinehearts - Can't Do Nothing Rinehearts